The Indian software industry is poised for a strong revenue growth driven by social media, mobility, analytics and cloud, said a report published by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). The Indian companies in the top 100 emerging markets list bring combined revenue of $797 million. India ranks fifth among the emerging markets based on revenues, according to the PwC Global 100 Software Leaders report, ...
(Credit: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory/Marilee Bailey) Several miscellaneous bits and pieces of the first moon mission have orbited back into our field of view lately. In March, it was pieces of the rocket that propelled Apollo 11 spaceward, ...
Attorney General Eric Holder, shown testifying before Congress last week, personally approved the controversial search warrant for the contents of a Fox News correspondent's e-mail ...
LOS ANGELES -- News Corp. said its board of directors has approved plans to split its entertainment and publishing businesses into two separate companies. The company also adopted a shareholder-rights plan designed to prevent a hostile takeover in the volatile trading period after the split is ...
One of what's thought to be only six working Apple 1 computers -- hand-built by Steve Wozniak -- flies out of a German auction house for a tidy sum. The last one went for ...
Winds: From the ENE at 8 MPH
Rock of Ages
Rock of Ages, Adam Shankmans film version of the 2006 jukebox musical, is a decidedly uneven celebration of Los Angeless glam metal heyday in the late 1980s. Built around more than two-dozen hard-rock hits from the late 1970s and 80s that have been repurposed to varying degrees in ... ...
German auction house Breker said Saturday an Asian client, who asked not to be named, bought the so-called Apple 1, which the tech company's founders Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak built in a family ...
Sotheby's sold an Apple-1 for $374,500 last year. A few months later in Germany, one sold for $640,000. An Apple-1 computer, made in 1976, sold for a record $671,400 on Saturday at an auction in Germany. That surpassed the $640,000 record for an Apple-1, set last November at a sale at the same auction house in Cologne, Germany. The fall 2012 sale was a sharp rise from the previous record ...
Consciousness: The what, why and how " FROM C-3PO of Star Wars to Wall-E, the sentient garbage collector, the prevalence of conscious machines in the stories we tell seems to reflect humanity's deep desire to turn creator and design an artificial intelligence. It might seem as if we stand little chance of making an artificial consciousness when the natural variety remains such an ...
ARTist 3 , took me by surprise last year. That little speaker is still in the line, but when I learned Adam just introduced a less expensive, but slightly larger desktop ...
Audrie 's. Instead, the girls were having a party. A classic teenage ploy. By all accounts, Audrie was a gorgeous girl. Her lush brown hair framed a heart-shaped face. Light makeup outlined her sharp brown eyes, but round cheeks gave her a childlike charm. She was a soccer player, a painter, a girl who at age 4 had the gumption to stand in front of 1,000 people in church and belt out a ...
They said it
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Expectations were high for this top of the line Hyatt product in "The Big Easy". The taxi rolled up to ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Perth HeraldPerth Herald – News Resource for Perth, Western Australia
Breaking news from Perth, and Western Australia generally is the focus of the Perth Herald. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and includes international news, Australian national stories, and updates from the business world, global and Australian markets.
In addition to our own resources in our Perth bureau, we have our own interstate and overseas offices, and take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
Perth is an important city in Australia, its economy, fueled by the state’s resources boom, leads the nation. Much of the news and information about happenings in the state is picked up by the national, and international media. Our aim is to keep ahead of the pack, delivering real time, instant coverage of major events in the city and state.
For parties that require Perth news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Perth news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Perth Herald please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Young Australian medium-fast bowler and powerful lower-order hitter Nathan Coulter-Nile and fellow West Australian Mitchell Marsh are the two new names in the 15-man squad for this year's ICC Champions Trophy in England and Wales, announced this morning.
According to Telegraph.com.au, Twenty20 skipper George Bailey has edged out keeper Matthew Wade for the post of vice captain for the eight-nation tournament, adding that he will be a vital middle-order batsman after a strong showing in the ODI series against Sri Lanka and West Indies.
News.com.au has said that Coulter-Nile's impressive Twenty20 and ODI form earned him a call-up in the squad, along with Adam Voges, who also got his chance to continue in the green and gold after a strong finish in the Australian summer.
According to the report, the young Marsh has got another shot at international cricket after overcoming a serious hamstring injury this summer and is expected to be a key all rounder, along with James Faulkner, Glenn Maxwell and Shane Watson.
The report further said that 'Reigning ODI Player of the Year' Clint McKay would carry the bulk of the fast bowling duties, along with specialist pacemen Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc and Coulter-Nile. ...
- Ex-AFL chief warns CA of need of robust approach to anti-corruption
- Hurley breaks down... again
- Cheetahs cruise past Kings in Super Rugby
- Riewoldt downed but not out
- McCartneys Dogs let off leash
- Suspected international arms dealer joins Bout in America
- Monkey teeth give clues on when Neanderthal baby was weaned
- Ex-AFL chief warns CA of need of robust approach to anti-corruption
- Haddin views cricket in new light despite Ashes anticipation following daughters cancer struggles
- Steve Waugh wants Clarke to stay put at successful No.5 spot
- Bolivia to boost incentives for gas exploration
- Tony Blair is asked to help secure release of mining employees in Guinea
- Esperanza Resources plans a big year
- California man charged with theft of $800000 Gold Rush jewelry box
- Fitch Affirms Newfield Explorations IDR at BB+ Outlook Remains Stable
- Winning ticket for 590-mln-dollar Powerball jackpot sold in Florida
- What I See in FX Market
- Trade Idea Wrap-up USDJPY - Stand aside
- Flash German electoral shakeup – Goldman Sachs
- Weekly Review and Outlook Yen Bottomed in Near Term on Global Equities Selloff
- Israel stunned by Hawking snub
- Editorial Boy Scouts do a good turn
- The NHS dont pick on GPs Mr Hunt. Develop a vision | Observer editorial
- Syria’s River of Death
- How Baghdad Fuels Iraqs Sectarian Fire
- Why Miles Nadal Is Wrong To Only Hire People In Their 20s
- The Social Media Advertising Ecosystem Explained
- This Survey Says Tumblr Is a Ghost Town For Brands
- Bloomberg Businessweek Is Trying To Shame Millennials Into Moving Out Of Their Parents House
- The new Heineken advert
- Russell Brand and Sheridan Smith have been spotted sharing a kiss.
- Wellington barista reaches world final
- Man faces charges after Tokoroa assault
- Kiwi Schmidt leaves Leinster on a high
- Rochelle Humes baby is absolutely beautiful.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Perth Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Senior doctors face inquiry
- The $600000 job no one wants
- Maccas fine for roaches
- Perth climbers historic Mt Everest double
- Fashion guns blaze Outback shoot