Singer Taylor Swift says while performing on the stage she is distracted by fans with sign boards and she goes off track. The 23-year-old, known for her songs like "Love story", "Teardrops on my guitar" and "You belong with me", starts reading the signs and forgets her lyrics, reports thesun.co.uk. "It's amazing and adorable, but if there's a really long sign and I'm trying to read it while ...
The Shaolin Temple, known as the cradle of Chinese kung fu, is preparing to stage its first cultural festival in the US as part of efforts to expand its global clout. The first North American Shaolin Cultural Festival is scheduled to be held from Oct 8 to 14 in Los Angeles, according to Shi Yongxin, abbot of the Buddhist temple in the city of Dengfeng in central China's Henan province, reported ...
The Voice contestants, from left to right, brothers Zach and Colton Swon, Danielle Bradbery and Michelle Chamuel stand on stage during the season finale of the show. (NBC ...
. Europeans also see a free-trader pressuring the French to bow before the altar of low tariffs in pursuit of a U.S. and European trade pact. Just last week, White House officials feared they wouldn't even be able to announce the beginning of trade talks at the G-8 Summit at the Lough Erne golf resort in Northern Ireland. Under sustained pressure from British Prime Minister David Cameron, ...
The Arbutus Ridge condos will stand in a spot that has long been familiar to Vancouverites. It's here, at Arbutus and West 16 Avenue, where the Ridge theatre and bowling lanes made their home for ...
It took Irish director Neil Jordan ("The Crying Game," "Interview With the Vampire") twelve years to get his romantic biopic "Michael Collins" to the screen. It went through a number of other hands, but through persistence and a bit of luck, Jordan finally secured $28 million from producer mogul David Geffen. Geffen allowed him complete artistic freedom to paint his own portrait of this mythical ... ...
Actor Christopher Meloni almost shot his stunt double on the set of new movie Man of Steel after his gun misfired during filming. The former Law & Order: Special Victims Unit star plays Colonel Nathan Hardy in the latest Superman reboot and he spent weeks undergoing weapons training for the project - however Meloni admits he almost caused a fatal injury. He tells New York Magazine, ...
Soul icon Mary J. Blige has been hit with a lawsuit over a cancelled 2012 concert. The No More Drama hitmaker is accused of reneging on a deal to perform in Dallas, Texas on December 9 just days before she was set to hit the stage. Bosses at promotions company Vision Entertainment Worldwide claim Blige was paid a $145,000 deposit to secure the gig, but she never handed back the money when the ...
SAN RAFAEL, California (Reuters) - An accused California serial killer representing himself at his own murder trial drew a series of rebukes from the judge on the first day of testimony and was warned to obey procedural rules in court or risk losing the right to serve as his own ...
By the time the gun-toting nuns make an appearance, you may find that ...
MOSCOW, June 19 (Itar-Tass) - Anna Netrebko and Dmitry Khvorostovsky, the Russian operatic stars of global renown are expected to give the first ever joint concert in Moscow Wednesday. Performing arts and show biz analysts expect a capacity crowd of spectators at the concert. Tuesday, the two singers faced a capacity crowd of reporters at a news conference that brought together representatives ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
The Strand Palace
I've stayed at this central London hotel many times, so was comfortable in telephoning direct for a reservation. It was ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Perth HeraldPerth Herald – News Resource for Perth, Western Australia
Breaking news from Perth, and Western Australia generally is the focus of the Perth Herald. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and includes international news, Australian national stories, and updates from the business world, global and Australian markets.
In addition to our own resources in our Perth bureau, we have our own interstate and overseas offices, and take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
Perth is an important city in Australia, its economy, fueled by the state’s resources boom, leads the nation. Much of the news and information about happenings in the state is picked up by the national, and international media. Our aim is to keep ahead of the pack, delivering real time, instant coverage of major events in the city and state.
For parties that require Perth news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Perth news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Perth Herald please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
The Argentine born Pope Francis has blasted a so called waste culture.
Since taking office in March, Pope Francis has said he wants the 1.2-billion-strong Roman Catholic Church to practise greater austerity and work toward reform in global financial markets.
Around 1.3 billion tons of food, or one third of what is produced for human consumption, gets lost or wasted every year, according to a United Nations food survey.
The majority of waste is by consumers in the industrialised world.
The pope, in his weekly audience, said: "Our grandparents used to make a point of not throwing away leftover food. Consumerism has made us accustomed to wasting food daily and we are unable to see its real value. Throwing away food is like stealing from the table of those who are poor and hungry".
Instead of throwing away food, a U.N.-backed study has suggested that simple measures such as better storage and reducing over-sized portions would sharply reduce the vast amount of food going to waste.
In US restaurants, diners waste 9% of bought meals.
- Port encourage Tippett jeering
- Riewoldt backs Milne to play
- Fresh Wallabies face tough early test
- Four Tigers sign new deals
- Tigers re-sign four AFL players
- Australia A squad to add players from defeated Champions Trophy team
- Clarke says does not need any serious back surgery
- Clarke on course to play in Ashes
- UAE Australia hold talks
- 280 new moon craters identified
- 4 women among 8 candidates selected to be NASAs newest astronaut trainees
- Brazil set to change mining rules
- Analysts see bearish Chinese cop...
- Drilling on Bianchi-1 Gas Appraisal Well Continues in WA-49-R
- US firm buys half of Tinklers stake in Whitehaven Coal
- Rupee hits record closing low of 58.77 against dollar
- Nawaz Sharifs million dollar watch rumours go viral on Twitter
- Dollar and Stock Traders Ready for Fed Guidance on Taper
- EURUSD consolidating gains near 1.3400
- All Eyes Are On The Federal Reserve And Thats The Problem
- Congress kicks the can
- Russias family values experiment
- Morrison Evgeny Morozov Internet Cassandra
- Editorial Reading is fundamental
- Editorial Quit paying salary of SPD union president
- New Zealand creativity starts with open-minded clients Andy Fackrell
- Federal fight dampens agency advertising spend
- Cannes impressions Innovation category should showcase inventions with purpose
- Nickelodeon Resists Critics of Food Ads
- Advertising Finding Ms. Right at the Board Game Table
- Gerrard to chase rugby sevens dream
- Liam Gallagher has branded Kanye West a clown and has mocked him for banging his head while trying to avoid paparazzi.
- Julianne Moore isnt crazy about getting older.
- AMP Capital NZ lifts fee income
- Abortion figures continue to decline
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Perth Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Premier denies lack of resources make policing tough
- Judge urged to rule on bashing video
- Legal fight over police bashing video
- Airport screeners strike goes national
- Special meeting called by FICRA