Australian under-15 girls team coach Em Preston has said that more girls will look forward to pursue a career in cricket in the near future following Cricket Australia's (CA) decision to introduce pay hike in the new funding scheme. Preston played for the women's team ACT Meteors and was an age representative for her country before retiring three years ago, the Sydney Morning Herald ...
Australian paceman Ryan Harris has said that cricketers found to be indulging in spot fixing should be banned for life and wiped from record books for turning the game into a 'joke'. Rajasthan Royals trio S.Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila were arrested for alleged spot fixing in 2013 Indian Premier League fixtures, News.com.au reports. Wanting the maximum punishment for a player ...
Cricket Australia (CA) chief executive James Sutherland has said that Australia's Ashes bid in England will not be compromised by the Indian Premier League (IPL). Two members of the Ashes party, Shane Watson and James Faulkner, remain on the subcontinent with their team, Rajasthan Royals, who will play in an elimination semi-final in Delhi, the Sydney Morning Herald reports. Describing the ...
Australian Test cricketer David Warner has copped a 5750-dollar fine from Cricket Australia for his Twitter rant controversy. Warner had pleaded guilty to unbecoming behaviour after his expletive-laden criticism of senior News Ltd cricket writers Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn for an article by Craddock exposing the sleazy nightlife and alleged corruption within the Indian Premier League ...
Cricket Australia (CA) has said that it hopes for changes in the Citizenship Act by next month that will allow leg-spinner Fawad Ahmed to play his first Ashes Test in England. The Pakistan-born spinner will have to wait for applying for a passport until any legislation change takes place in the four sitting weeks of parliamentary session before the election and the cricket series begins, ...
Winds: From the ENE at 9 MPH
Wings of Desire (Der Himmel über Berlin) [DVD]
Wings of Desire, which marked director Wim Wenders return to his native Germany after more than a decade making films in other countries, is dedicated to all the old angels, especially Yasujiro [Ozu], Franois [Truffaut], and Andrei [Tarkovsky]--all of whom are cinematic mast ... ...
Cricket Australia (CA) has announced that the country's top female cricketers will now earn up to 80,000 dollars within a year. The women team has won Women's World Cup and the T20 trophy, prompting CA to consider female cricket as professional, News.com.au reports. CA chief executive James Sutherland compared the women's cricket team to the men's cricket club, saying that the association ...
Australian opener David Warner is expected to plead guilty before a Cricket Australia (CA) hearing via teleconference from India with regard to a series of hostile tweets that he directed at News Limited journalists Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn while playing for the Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Warner could face sanctions ranging from a fine, suspension, reprimand or ...
Australia's opening batsman David Warner was Wednesday found guilty of breaching the Cricket Australia (CA) Code of Behaviour and was fined $5,750 for his twitter rant. Warner, who pleaded guilty, received the maximum financial penalty for a first offence under rule 6 of CA's Code of Behaviour, CA said in a statement. "In hindsight, clearly I let my frustrations get the better of me and posted ...
Following his recovery from an Achilles heel injury, South Australian pacer Ryan Harris says he is keen to make a comeback to be in contention for the Ashes campaign this summer in England. Harris says he would be keen to play the five Test matches against England, news.com.au reports. Harris said that if he is able to give a good bowling performance then he will choose to play in every match ...
Twenty-one-year-old Mohammad Arifi's love for cricket convinced the South Australian Cricket Association (SACA) to appoint him as their first multi-cultural ambassador. According to news.com.au, Arifi will help (SACA) run multi-cultural cricket programs, including a Come and Try Day at Brahma Lodge Indoor Sports Centre on Sunday, especially targeting new arrivals. Arifi said that he will ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hyatt Regency Islandia on San Diego's Mission Bay
Taking Highway 5 north of downtown San Diego, and exiting about 6 miles up on 8 West I soon came ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Perth HeraldPerth Herald – News Resource for Perth, Western Australia
Breaking news from Perth, and Western Australia generally is the focus of the Perth Herald. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and includes international news, Australian national stories, and updates from the business world, global and Australian markets.
In addition to our own resources in our Perth bureau, we have our own interstate and overseas offices, and take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
Perth is an important city in Australia, its economy, fueled by the state’s resources boom, leads the nation. Much of the news and information about happenings in the state is picked up by the national, and international media. Our aim is to keep ahead of the pack, delivering real time, instant coverage of major events in the city and state.
For parties that require Perth news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Perth news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Perth Herald please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Young Australian medium-fast bowler and powerful lower-order hitter Nathan Coulter-Nile and fellow West Australian Mitchell Marsh are the two new names in the 15-man squad for this year's ICC Champions Trophy in England and Wales, announced this morning.
According to Telegraph.com.au, Twenty20 skipper George Bailey has edged out keeper Matthew Wade for the post of vice captain for the eight-nation tournament, adding that he will be a vital middle-order batsman after a strong showing in the ODI series against Sri Lanka and West Indies.
News.com.au has said that Coulter-Nile's impressive Twenty20 and ODI form earned him a call-up in the squad, along with Adam Voges, who also got his chance to continue in the green and gold after a strong finish in the Australian summer.
According to the report, the young Marsh has got another shot at international cricket after overcoming a serious hamstring injury this summer and is expected to be a key all rounder, along with James Faulkner, Glenn Maxwell and Shane Watson.
The report further said that 'Reigning ODI Player of the Year' Clint McKay would carry the bulk of the fast bowling duties, along with specialist pacemen Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc and Coulter-Nile. ...
- Scott unfazed by Selwood decision
- Preview Collingwood v Sydney
- Suns young gun OMeara aiming high
- Franklin defends bar outburst
- Melbourne fans should relish ineptitude
- Oz girls team coach says more women to pursue cricket career following pay rise
- Angered Harris calls for ban on crooked spot-fixing players for turning cricket into joke
- CA chief Sutherland says IPL not a concern for Oz Ashes bid
- Penitent Warner fined 5750 dollars by CA for Twitter rant
- Ahmeds chances of playing Ashes dependent on Citizenship Act changes
- Resources WatchResources Watch 137
- Metals Stocks Gold falls after Fed talk boosts dollar
- Gold imports from HK touch all-t...
- COT Warns of Lows in Metals and at Least an AUD Bounce
- METALS-Copper slides more than 2 pct as China factory data disappoints
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- Shares dollar slide on Bernanke comments
- NZ dollar falls to 8-month low
- Rupee hits new 6-month low of 55.86 to dollar
- The world’s wealthy ‘could be hiding €707 billion in Ireland’
- Editorial Lawmakers should pass a budget — or face a fine
- Kerry confront China on human rights
- Letters Stories From Moore Okla.
- House gets cold shoulder
- Tim takes his leave
- TSLA selects Berlin-based independent as creative partner on EDB account
- Anomaly opens first Asian outpost in Shanghai led by Eric Lee and Elvis Chau
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- AD OF THE DAY At 52 Actress Tilda Swinton Is The New Face Of Chanel
- Advertising Mike’s a Flavored Alcohol Brand Tries to Widen Its Appeal
- Americas Cup review findings prudent
- Body pulled from water near Anne Arundel marina
- Public wants modern cathedral church
- Edward Furlong has been arrested.
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez will sit next to each other at the Billboard Music Awards.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Perth Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Calls for more options for country students
- Campaign to take guns from criminals
- Nervous wait for news of panda pregnancy
- Woman ploughs into primary school library
- Australia set for a drenching